There are many things in life that we can do to solve the small and harmless problems in our lives. No one on the face of this planet is perfect. We all have small faults within us. Some of these flaws can be solved by discovering them and working on them towards perfection. By recognizing my own flaws, I came up with five virtues I can possibly work on and achieve perfection, just like Benjamin Franklin had made a chart for and talked about it in his autobiography.
1. Commitment - setting your mind to a goal and never give up until fulfillment.
2. Forgiveness - learn to forgive people to focus your mind on more important things, not the problem you just encountered.
3. Understand - accept the person as who they are, and do not make judgements just from the outside.
4. Self-control - try to set your own boundaries and not go outside of it.
5. Heart - show courage no matter in what situation you are in.
I tried to work on every virtue for the past two days. It was the hardest task I try to do in my whole life. At first I thought it will be easy and I will not have a problem with it, but when I tried to start forgiving people and set boundaries for myself, that is when the problems starting showing up. I actually started noticing my commitment virtue was not possible for me to complete. The heart virtue though was the easiest one I was able to follow. The rest I failed at. After trying to follow these virtues, I now understand the difficulties Benjamin Franklin had to go through. Just like him, I failed!
No comments:
Post a Comment