Monday, January 16, 2012

"Death of a Salesman" SOAPST

     Death of a Salesman was a great book written by Arthur Miller. For most stories and books, the speaker is usually the narrator of the book, but in this specific one, it does not make it clear who the speaker really is. It may be Miller or it can also be Willy. The occasion of the story on the other hand is very clear to us. The play takes place during the 1940s in New York, even though there are many flashbacks throughout. The audience of the Death of the Salesman is everyone who has the courage to read a book like this, not saying that it was bad or anything. The audience can also be the viewers of the actual play or movie.
     The book is trying to show us Willy Loman's life through many life stories and troubles he had to go through. It was a great book though I had to spend three hours of my vacation time to read it which was not pleasant at all. Even though it took five hours to finish the book and the project, I still do not think it was worth it? Well Mrs. Kirkman, since you made us read it, I have to say that I loved the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment