The Scarlet Letter was an average book, but it did have some outrageous moments. I liked the overall topic of adultery of the book. If I really have to pick a specific part and call it my favorite, I think I will choose the part where a meteor went across the sky leaving a letter "A". This part showed how most people interpret an event in many different ways. Some said it was the letter A, standing for angel, because the governor had died and it was a symbol of his death. No one even thought about it standing for adultery, but Hester and Dimmesdale sure knew it stood for that. Dimmesdale was very good about keeping his secret for about seven years, but at the end the guilt killed him. Hester was I guess, an average woman looking for some action.
Well, I guess that has to be my favorite part because those two were very sneaky about it, and did not even let any of the villagers think about the letter A in the sky standing for them two. The story did get killed for me even before I started reading it. That is the only reason I think it was an average book. The whole plot and events were destroyed and blown up into little pieces by two very stupid people. Thanks guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment