Thursday, September 1, 2011
My Favorite Novel
Since I was young, I never liked reading books inside or out of school, but last year changed this all when we read the book The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. This book was just amazing. I understood the lifestyle of the Middle East and the hardship the citizens had to go through, including the main character who lost his father when he needed him the most. There were many orphans, dead people, and terrorists all around the countries who were trying to take over. It also showed the relationship between two brothers and how they were split apart because of jealousy, but reunited because of faith and guilt. Everyday we were given a couple of chapters to read for homework, but I was so interested into the book that I went ahead and read a few chapters more. By the end of the book, there were many emotions and questions going through my head. Thankfully, everyday during the English period, we were able to discuss and analyze the deep meanings of the story. Ending the year with this book left a great impression on me and I could not wait to read the next book over the summer. So, my favorite book was the The Kite Runner because it was very influential and filled with many surprises, changing the mood many times as the story progressed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment